is part of the Global Exhibitions Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.
The JLC LIVE Northwest 2018 Call for Presentations is now closed. If you would like to be considered for the 2019 conference program, please check back after this year's event to learn how you can submit your presentation.
Location: Oregon Convention Center | Portland, OR
Audience: Remodelers, Builders, Residential Contractors, Deck Builders, Architects, Designers, Business Owners, and Project Managers, among other residential construction professionals
Tracks: Business, Human Resources, Materials and Techniques, Sales & Marketing, Production, Technology, Energy & Building Performance
The deadline for submission to be considered for the JLC LIVE 2018 Conference Program was April 6, 2018.
While all ideas are welcome, the following course topics have been identified to be of interest to our audience and those submissions that fit the following criteria will be given more weight.
• Business Management—business “best practices”, business plan, LEAN systems, job costing, cash flow management, estimating strategies, marketing strategies, fixed price vs. cost plus
• Technology—for use in sales and project management, new hardware, apps
• Legal/HR Issues—hiring/firing, finding and retaining talent, contracts, taxes, liabilities
• Production—scheduling, job scope
• Energy Codes/Insulation
• Materials and Techniques
• Round-table with contractor, designer and architect
Presentations must show evidence of material that will make a significant contribution to the development of attendees’ professional capabilities and knowledge of the field.
• Presentations should be designed to fill a 90-minute session format or a 3-hour intensive session format (Wednesday only)
• Four, well-defined learning objectives that canbe readily implemented in the workplace"How-To" sessions that stimulate andprovide attendees with new skill, technology or processes·
• Practical and forward-thinking content that willpromote interactive exchange of ideas·
• Presenter with strong speaking experience andin-depth knowledge of topic and audience needs
JLC LIVE Northwest historically receives and reviews several new submissions each year. Not all submissions will be selected. The submission deadline was April 6, 2018, and all presentations will be confirmed by mid-June.Speakers will be notified via e-mail regarding final decisions. Selected speakers will receive confirmation documents outlining role, responsibilities, and requirements.
If you have any questions regarding the submission process, please contact Lauren Moore, Conference Manager, at 972-536-6446. Speakers will be notified no later than August 3, 2018, if their submission(s) was/were accepted for the JLC LIVE Northwest 2018 Conference Program.
JLC LIVE CONFERENCE QUESTIONS FOR JLC LIVE?Have you not found the answer you are looking for yet and would like to speak to a member of the JLC LIVE conference staff? Contact Lauren Moore, Conference Manager, at 972-536-6446, and she will be happy to answer any questions you might have.