is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
The JLC LIVE Northwest 2020 Call for Presentations is now open! If you would like to be considered for the upcoming conference program, please review the information below and fill out our submission form.
Conference: December 2-4, 2020
Location: Oregon Convention Center | Portland, OR
Audience: Residential Remodelers, Builders, Contractors, Deck Builders, Architects, Designers, Engineers, Home Inspectors, Business Owners, General Managers, Project Managers, and Field Leaders
Tracks: Building Performance Strategies, Business & Project Management, Business Finance, Decking, Human Resources & Legal, Kitchen & Bath, Materials & Techniques, Planning & Design, and Sales & Marketing
The deadline for submission to be considered for the JLC LIVE 2020 Conference Program is March 6, 2020.
While all ideas are welcome, the following course topics have been identified to be of interest to our audience and those submissions that fit the following criteria will be given more weight.
• Business Management—business “best practices”, business plan, LEAN systems, job costing, cash flow management, estimating strategies, marketing strategies, fixed price vs. cost plus
• Technology—for use in sales and project management, new hardware, apps
• Legal/HR Issues—hiring/firing, finding and retaining talent, contracts, taxes, liabilities
• Production—scheduling, job scope
• Energy Codes/Insulation
• Materials and Techniques
Presentations must show evidence of material that will make a significant contribution to the development of attendees’ professional capabilities and knowledge of the field.
• Presentations should be designed to fill a 90-minute session format
• Four, well-defined learning objectives that canbe readily implemented in the workplace
• "How-To" sessions that stimulate andprovide attendees with new skill, technology or processes
• Practical and forward-thinking content that willpromote interactive exchange of ideas·
• Presenter with strong speaking experience andin-depth knowledge of topic and audience needs
JLC LIVE Northwest historically receives and reviews several new submissions each year. Not all submissions will be selected. The submission deadline was March 6, 2020, and all presentations will be confirmed by June 1, 2020. Speakers will be notified via e-mail regarding final decisions. Selected speakers will receive confirmation documents outlining role, responsibilities, and requirements.
If you have any questions regarding the submission process, please contact Lauren Moore, Conference Manager, at 972-536-6446. Speakers will be notified no later than June 1, 2020, if their submission(s) is/are accepted for the 2020 Conference Program.
JLC LIVE CONFERENCE QUESTIONS FOR JLC LIVE?Have you not found the answer you are looking for yet and would like to speak to a member of the JLC LIVE conference staff? Contact Lauren Moore, Conference Manager, at 972-536-6446, and she will be happy to answer any questions you might have.